Friday, December 3, 2010

Cabin fever.

I know that winter is just started, but it's ben so cold that we haven't been going outside at all. I am aware that there is still months of cold left to go. We are missing the park, and I feel like we were getting on each others nerves a little bit, so last week I was trying to think of something fun and different to do.
So we stripped the girls down and did some pudding painting. I think it worked, it gave us something to do, and definitely entertained them. I had one of those plastic table cloths that cost about $1, and put out bowls of different colored puddings and jams, and some paper.
Reese obviously was more interested in painting herself, (which I had thought would be coming). And Rylee was more interested in eating it.
Afterward I just scooped up the whole tablecloth and chucked it, so cleanup wasn't bad at all. I was lucky my husband didn't see it though, I think he would have been less optimistic about the mess.
Of course after covering your body in pudding, it's time for a bath.
If anyone has any more ideas let me know........ there's a lot of winter left!

2 comments:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

You are so brave I don't know if I could do that!

Leah Aston said...

Is Reese old enough for a scavenger hunt? Remember we'd do that as kids. Blanket tunnels, hide the thimble, corn syrup painting or shrunken potato heads. :) Hmm, I'll keep thinking...Christmas egg dying, decorate cookies....
Not quite as messy/fun as pudding painting. I'm impressed. :)