Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Disneyland trip part #1

Well I was going to do the whole trip in one post, and about 1/4th of the way through I realized I had way too many pictures, so I'm going to break it up into a couple. This picture underneath is Reese saying "We're finally in Disneyland!!!"
Here's the whole group that went, we had 10 people altogether. My dad and mom, then my brother Jake is behind them, holding up Davis, my brother's wife Becca is next to them, with Mason, and (somehow I don't see Avery his twin,) then Reese and Jeremy. (If you noticed, you're right Rylee isn't there, we decided she wasn't quite old enough, so she stayed with Jeremy's family. Don't feel too sad for her though, because she got spoiled rotten the whole week.)
Jungle cruise. (My dad is the king of cheesey jokes, and for some reason it bugged him that they were telling bad jokes, apparently that can only be his thing.)
Here's the kids, Reese, then Mason, there's Avery, and Davis.

Got to get the classic castle pic. Notice that button on Reese's jacket? It's her birthday button, she wore it all week. And she used that sucker for every last drop of attention possible, it was the longest birthday ever.
This trip was my mom and dad's idea. And it was so great, they actually helped pay for some of the trip, which was a huge help. My two sister's and little brother weren't able to come which is too bad. But we still had a ton of fun.

Trying to pull the sword out of the stone.
I'm so glad we got a chance to see Minnie and Mickey, some times you never get to see them. Reese was so excited.
She said, "Oh I bet Minnie and Mickey are so happy to see me because it's my birthday."
I didn't realize how short Mickey would be, he probably wasn't even five feet! See how far I have to bend over. It was a little cool for my liking, but still overall nice weather.
My nephew Davis, is such a boy, he's always wrestling and rough housing, here he is showing off his guns.
I'm not sure what is going on here. I asked them to give me a smile, and they both gave me grumpy faces. (That's two girls, who have their own opinion.)
Gotta get the pic, with the 3D glasses. Look at Davis showing off his mussels again. The kids were really so good. We had 6 adults to 4 kids, which came in handy. Jake and Becca's kids had never been, so it was super fun to show them around.

Reese's first time on the swings.



Sulley was so cute! He kept playing with Reese, when she tried to walk up to him he'd move farther and farther back.
Then when we tried to take a picture, he would cover her face, she loved that.
It's kind of our tradition to eat at the Blue Bayou. (For those of you who are not Disneyland buffs, that is the restaurant in the pirate ride.) It was super delicious, and they brought Reese a cake in a little princess treasure chest, with some other little prizes. She was completely surprised, it was cute.


Every time someone would tell Reese happy birthday, (which was a lot,) she would have to tell me. So this is her yelling "That lady told me happy birthday!!" She loved riding on rides with my mom and dad, it was great that they let her.

This band pulled Reese up and played Happy Birthday, while people around sang. I thought I was taping it but clearly only got this picture as she ran away. I love how they really made her feel special for her birthday throughout the whole trip.
This is something Jeremy always takes us to. And it has become something I love to do as well. He's so cute shooting. He carried a whole pocket full of change the whole week just so we could do this.
Here's one example where Reese really knew how to work her birthday. Buzz was trying to leave, and the worker kept saying, "Buzz will be back later." Which you know means you won't see them again. But Reese yelled out, "But Buzz, it's my birthday!!" And you know it, Buzz came right back and gave her a big hug and posed for pictures. That cute little weasel really knows how to work a birthday.
I think my favorite part of the trip was this. The parade. We don't ever watch the parades, but this time we saw a seat and thought the kids might like it. Boy were we right, times 100! Basically Reese thought the whole parade was for her, she held up her birthday button, and the characters would tell her happy birthday or blow her a kiss. And she would freak out like her head was going to explode, and when she saw the princesses, I thought she was going to pass out she was screaming so loud. The people next to us told us, they weren't even watching the parade, they were just watching her and her reactions. It was the perfect end to the perfect trip.
Reese kept yelling "this is the best day of my life!" I know for a fact that this was the best birthday, and we're never going to be able to live up to this one. But I'm so thankful for my parents, what an amazing trip we had, and memories to last a lifetime.

1 comment:

Leah Aston said...

I loved all the stories and pictures. So fun to see it! I am bummed we weren't there. Next time!!!