Saturday, February 4, 2012

2012 goals

Well, I'm not a big new year's resolution person, but I do have a few goals for the year, and I decided that if I wrote them down publicly, it will help me do them.
#1 Be more patient with my girls.
#2 Read my scriptures, (I used to read every day, now not so much.)
#3 Make an effort to go to the temple.
#4 I want to be able to run a ten minute mile. (I'm not sure exactly how to do that one. If any of you runners have some tips, let me know. I'm averaging a 12 minute mile, which is, clearly, a lot slower. Today I decided to run faster, to see if I could do just one 10 minute mile, and I made it in 11 min. but then was kind of burnt out after that, for the rest of the run. I don't know how people run so fast.
#5 Run 10 miles. (Now this one would be a lot easier, (and quicker) if I was running a 10 min mile.) But I think no matter what, I want to do it at least once, before the year ends. (I'm toying with the idea of running a half marathon,) but if not I want to at least do a 10 miler by myself sometime.

I have a few more, I'm thinking about, but maybe don't need to be posted. But for now, I think these are doable realistic goals, that I better accomplish this year.

3 comments:

C and C Young said...

i do speed work. you could run a 12 min mile for 2 minutes, then do a 10 min mile for 1 minute or 30 seconds, alternating for however long you run. do that for a week, then the next week run a 12 minute mile for 1 minute and a 10 minute mile for 1 minute alternating, or if you don't feel you can keep that up, run a 12 minute mile for 1.5 minutes, then do the 10 min run. if you want to run a half, definitely work on distance before speed--you'll decrease your risk of injury. and never up your running distance by more than 10% a week to avoid injury as well. anyway...my 2 cents.

C and C Young said...

and i forgot to mention i absolutely love your cake blog--you are so talented!!!!

Leah Aston said...

That's smart to post them. I need to organize my goals a bit better. Maybe one year my goal should be not to despise running for 10 min. :) Good luck! But they're all great goals and it reminds me to go look over my list and narrow my own down a bit more!