Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another slightly random post.

You know how they get in these weird phases where they do the same thing for a week?
This was it:
Scrunchy Face.
Actually this doesn't do scrunchy face justice. I couldn't quite catch it on camera, but this is close. I think she's already bored with it, well it was funny for a week.
Help help! Rylee is eating food now, so that means she does not want to eat her bottles AT ALL! If any one has any tricks into how to get them to drink formula I definitely need to hear them. BTW this is her with prunes on her face.
My mom always says "you're full of prunes," when your being silly, and I thought it was funny because Reese keeps asking, mom is Rylee full of prunes? And I say, well yes she's totally full of prunes.
I came upstairs one day and saw this:

Rylee was getting a ride in the baby doll stroller. I laughed then ran for the camera.

Ok so I found my friend Heather from highschool's craft and sewing blog. I saw all these cute projects she was doing and had to copy them. The bonus was they were all done with scraps and stuff that you pretty much have on hand. So I made them that night.
Up above is a taggie quilt, Heather's was a little cuter, but this is what I had on hand.
I thought these fabric rings were so cute, Rylee likes them a lot. The bonus is when they get yucky you can just throw them in the wash.





You have to have cute soft blocks to match your rings. Heather put plastic bags in hers, I thought that was a good idea, so they crinkle. And on the other one I made a makeshift rattle using a plastic baby food container, with dry beans.
Heather has all the instructions on her blog, if you want to check it out, they were super easy. Click here.

I took Reese to the Dentist. And I was floored by how good she did. Our dentist is of course my sis in law Heather, but she doesn't come till the end. While I was getting my teeth cleaned she kept being so sweet and saying it's ok mom just hold still and your teeth will be so clean.

What a big girl I have! They even took her in a different room and I wasn't even with her, and she still did so good.
p.s. If you're looking for a dentist, my sis in law Heather Hansen, at North View Dental is fantastic!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Look at your all crafty! All of those things turned out super cute. What a good idea! I love the scrunchie face - too cute. And I wish I had some advice about the bottle. My kids have never had a problem eating/drinking - just like their mom. lol. My guess is it is just a phase. Just wait it out and hopefully it will be over with soon?