Thursday, May 7, 2009

Project of the week.

 Remember when I said I was going to do one thing around the house every week till I was done? Well I did once, and that was it. But now I'm serious, so although we have lots of things we should be finishing inside, we've been noticing how much work our yard needs. So last week I decided to fix up this little barn/shed. First off , I hope you're all very proud, I did it 100% by myself. I sanded down the entire thing, (on a scary high ladder , I might mention.)  Before:
After:

Looks a little better right? And it only took me a week, (minus the time I wasn't working on it, so a couple days.) I'll admit I have a big, slightly irrational fear of ladders. And holding a power sander, twenty feet high on an unstable ladder, with stupid hornets flying around my face was quite a big deal for me, but I did it and It looks so much better. Sorry, hows that for trying to pat your own back. Now for the rest of the yard....


5 comments:

Diana said...

I think it looks great! I love the colors too, way to go.

Stephanie said...

I pat your back too!! It looks so good! Good job. I don't think that I could do it.

Megan said...

That really does look so good - way to go. I am impressed. I am also sad you changed the play date to next week cause of course, I have a doctors appointment on that day. But I think from then on out they move to every Tuesday. Hopefully I won't be too huge to join you guys in June ;)

Chelsie said...

oh my heavens i'm so impressed! i once sanded down a coffee table and wanted to die, so i can imagine how fun a whole shed would have been! it looks great

10zfam said...

WOW, that's all I can say right now, you are amazing