Saturday, February 27, 2010

You know you're a mom when:

You announce you have to "go potty."
When you start singing the song in your head, and it goes like this "la la laaa elmo's song."
You offer your guests a blankie.
When you kiss your husband you make the smooch noise, like you're two.
Your meals consist of things like mickey shaped pancakes, mini corn dog bites, with cheese triangles and apple smiles.
You plan your entire day around nap time.
Instead of perfume you smell like spit-up.
You hang out at the park, or the treehouse.
You are always dirty with shoe prints on your pants, snot or your shoulder, and spit up who knows where.
You pull your hair up, not because you like it that way, but so it will hopefully get yanked less.

It's official I'm a mom, and yes I still love it!

P.S. Rylee is sleeping through the night!! Ta Da! On Wed, (exactly 5 weeks old, she slept from eating at 10:00 p.m. then going down, till 7:30 a.m.) And she has done close to that the rest of the week. I thought Reese did well at 8 weeks, but now we're really doing good!
I can't take all the credit, I highly recommend the book Babywise, if you are trying to train a baby to sleep through the night.

6 comments:

10zfam said...

Yay for Rylee my babies were early sleepers through the night too-love it

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

K I laughed out loud when you said-When you make a kissing noise when you kiss your husband. So true and so funny.
I definitly owe you for Scotlyn being such a good sleeper, thanks to knowing about babywise...yay for sleep!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

I love that! We all can relate. Good job on sleeping through the night!

Megan said...

I love this list. SO true and so funny. And yay for sleeping! Nothing is better than a good nights sleep - for the both of you!

Palmers said...

I heard that babywise is good. I will have to read it when I have a 3rd baby. Landon only took 9 months to sleep through the night. Yah I won't be doing that again, so I will just learn on a 3rd in about 10 years:) She is a cutie though. So how is the salon coming? You will have to post pics. Jeremy is good to get it all done for you. I am excited for you:)

Leah Aston said...

Oh Jaren made it 8 1/2 hours 2 nights ago and 7 hours last night. I've been thrilled!!! And that's with him still sore and recovering from surgery. The only downside is that he's lost a lot of weight lately, or rather he hasn't gained enough weight so I'm going to the 2 1/2 hour schedule which is way not as nice as the 3 hour babywise routine! (which frankly has perhaps helped him sleep through the night better.) Anyway, that's awesome about Rylee and I am definitely grateful to you for the book recommendation! :) Love you! Leah