Friday, February 19, 2010

Kids!

The best things about not being pregnant are:

You can lay on your stomach, flat on your back, or any way you want to.
When you sit down your ribs don't ache in pain.
You can walk without waddling.
You don't have to pee all the time.
You're not getting randomly kicked in weird places from the inside.
You have a lap.
But the #1 reason is:

You get one of these.
Rylee is a month old now, and doing so great! She is such a good baby. She's nursing well, which is good because I need all the help I can get with wanting to do it. She is sleeping really good as well, which is a huge bonus.
She was smiling so good one day, but of course once you get the camera, they stop. But Jeremy got the start of one.


SNOW DAY!
Reese had been asking for weeks to play in the snow, but as you know I had just had a baby and that wasn't going to work out. But last week she asked me right as I laid Rylee down. So I hurried and got us both bundled up. Reese wanted to make 'frosty the snowman' but apparently it was hard work, so she just whined about going back inside, while I made frosty.
But then she had to give him hugs and kisses. Apparently I'm a shoddy snowman maker though, because he didn't even make it through the day. A few hours later I looked out and his head had already fallen off!


Reese's new fav thing is to climb into Rylee's crib while I feed her. And it's funny to me because she looks so huge in the crib, when it was only 2 1/2 months ago that she got moved down to her big girl bed. And I didn't think she looked so huge in it then. She was my little baby, I was carrying her around, and then I had a baby, and I think "you expect me to pick you up, you're humongous!" From one week to the next she has become my big girl, and she really is.

8 comments:

RichKids said...

Aw...so sweet...I agree it is SO good to NOT be pregnant! :) And I don't even have one of those!

You are right...the snowman looked SO much better with a head! :/ So sorry.

Reese is such a cute BIG sister!

Stephanie said...

I love the picture on the top! SO CUTE! Your girls are so adorable.

Chelsie said...

oh your girls are so cute! i can't believe rylee is a month old. reese's hair looks so thick in the pic of her holding her baby sis...so cute

Ally and Chris Johns said...

I can't believe Rylee is already a month! Both of them are seriously adorable... I can't wait to see miss Rylee's smiles :)

Megan said...

Both your girls are so cute. I am glad things are going so well. Not being pregnant REALLY is great! lol. I remember after having Evan every time I looked at Anna I was like YOU ARE HUGE! Her eyes, her hands - every time I did anything with her I swear she had had a growth spurt over night. But slowly Evan is catching up and I don't feel the same way anymore. So enjoy it while you can ;)

Reed & Melinda Family said...

She is so adorable! How fun!

Challise and Rusty said...

So darn cute! Love the pictures of Rylee. Crazy she is already a month old. I need to come see this little girl...

Leah Aston said...

Wow, Reese does look big there. :)