Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, to my Dad!

My Dad turns 60 this week, which is kind of weird, but anyway, I had to make a good cake for the big 60. For those of you who don't know my Dad, he has gardened forever. He has a nice big garden, that mostly he by himself takes care of.

I had seen this idea a long time ago, and was trying to think of a cute idea, and decided on this. I think what makes this cake cute is the little veggies for sure.

The veggies are made out of modeling chocolate, with some fondant. Homemade, yummy, chocolate cake, with buttercream frosting, and oreo "dirt".

I know not a great pic, because you can't see his face, but it's the best I got.
This was a big weekend for cake making. My friend Kristen's little girl is in love with Phineus and Ferb. Don't ask me which one is which. Apparently they sit under a tree and decide what crazy adventure they are going to have that day.
I looked at different pictures and chose things I liked from each one, and this is what I came up with.
Characters make me nervous, I think if they don't turn out good, the whole cake looks dumb. The tree and the boys, and their platypus are made from modeling chocolate. Obviously fondant covered. Chocolate and vanilla cakes.
Happy Birthday to Mallory and my Dad! I'm glad that's done with, now I can relax :)

3 comments:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Your cakes are awesome and we all love Phineus and Ferb at our house. Its one of the only good clean cartoons on these days!

Megan said...

They look amazing. And they sound pretty tasty too - especially the first one with the oreo frosting. I wish I were eating it now!

Leah Aston said...

I can't count how many times I think - wow that's my favorite one! So many that I can't really claim a favorite - but I love that garden cake!!!